Information about: Application for New Passport/ Apply for Passport Online
REQUIREMENTS TO EXPEDITE NEW OR FIRST TIME U.S. PASSPORTS
At 24 Hour Passport and Visas, we know the complexities involved in applying for a first-time U.S. passport. For someone who has never traveled internationally, getting a new U.S. Passport is an understood necessity. However, even those who have traveled and who have had a passport before may be required, under some circumstances, to apply for a new passport before they can leave the country. Our ability to expedite first passport applications in as little as 24 hours can make the difference when your circumstances don’t turn out to be what you expected.
You will be considered a first time or new passport applicant if:
- You are applying for a new U.S. passport.
- Your previous passport is expired and it was issued over 15 years ago.
- Your passport was issued when you were under 16 years of age.
If you were issued a passport as a child when you were under the age of 16, your passport will no longer be valid, regardless of how long it has been since it was used. If you have passed the 16 year mark since you traveled, you will be required to apply for a new U.S. passport, as though you have never been issued a valid passport before.
If you are counting on getting your passport renewed for your trip, check the expiration date. It is easy for time to lapse without people realizing just how long it has been. If your passport was issued more than 15 years ago, you will be applying for a new U. S. passport instead of a renewal. If you have waited until immediately before your trip, we may be able to expedite your first passport application so that it is ready for you in as little as 24 hours.
24 Hour Passport and Visas is a private, non-government passport and visa expediting service agency. The fees included with our services are to expedite the procedures and are in addition to the government fees. If you are in a situation that does not require expedited services you can apply directly through the US Department of State, and avoid paying our additional courier fees.
The following information will help you prepare by letting you know what documents are required when you need to apply for a new U.S. Passport. Let us help you by using our guaranteed passport service.
Step 1: Gathering the necessary documents required to expedite a passport/ How to apply for a New Passport
- Complete DS-11 passport application form, fill it out online, but do not sign the form.
- Two passport photos. 2″ x 2″ white background. (Photo service is available at our office)
- Original/certified U.S. birth certificate. NOTE: A certified birth certificate has a registrar’s raised, embossed, impressed, or multicolored seal, registrar’s signature, and the Date the certificate was filed with the registrar’s office (which must be within 1 year of your birth), or an expired US passport or Original naturalization certificate.
- Proof of Identity (a valid driver’s license or government issued photo I.D).
- Please call for Letter of Authorization.
- Travel itinerary.
- Certified Check or Money Order payable to the “US Department of State” for $170.00 (for adults) or for $140.00 (for minors UNDER 16).
- 24 Hour Passport & Visas: Service Order Form.
Step 2: Getting the New U.S. Passport requirement documents authorized.
- Please locate the nearest Acceptance Agent (AA) office.
- The Acceptance Agent has to: – Witness the signing of the application – Collect $25.00 execution fee.
- Check applicant’s ID – Verify the documents, and Seal them into an envelope.
- You must inform the Agent that you are using a passport agency to expedite the processing and that the sealed documents will be hand delivered to the Department of State. This Department of State policy is called “Hand Carrying of Executed Applications.” The policy is detailed on pages 31 and 44 of the Acceptance Agent Manual.
- The Acceptance Agent will then return the sealed envelope to you. Do not open the envelope. FedEx or bring the sealed envelope with the rest of the quick passport documents to our office for processing.
- Before you send us your express passport application with the sealed package through FedEx, UPS/DHL, or any other mail service provider, you must contact 24 Hour Passport and Visas to confirm your rush or emergency passport space. Our services are guaranteed.