Passport Name Change


Nothing can lead to more complications than having a different name on your passport than on your other travel documents. No matter how long you have been married, a passport name change is in order before you travel out of the country. The process for changing the name on a passport will differ slightly if you have had a new passport issued within a year. We can help you with changing a name on your passport so that your passport is up-to-date and there is no confusion that could cause complications during any future travel.

Women typically change their name once they are married and will need to reflect their new name on all types of documentation. Another reason that women may go through a name change is due to a divorce decree. Many women who are divorced but have children from the marriage will continue to use their married name and will not need to change the name on their passport.

Men may also have the need for changing a name on a passport if their name has been changed due to a court order. Depending on the reason that the name is changed, you will have to present the adequate documentation in order to acquire a passport name change.

At 24 Hour Passport and Visas, we specialize in passport applications and all related documentation. We can help you expedite the process so that you get your new passport in as little as one day. Contact us to reserve your rush passport space and let us help keep you on schedule!



If the name change on passport is within one year after issuance, please fill out form DS-5504 online, complete and sign. If the temporary passport was issued more than one year, please fill out form DS-82 on-line.

  • Two (2) passport photos, 2″ x 2″ on white background. (Photo service is available at our office.)
  • Proof of Identity (A Valid Driver’s License, Government Issued Photo I.D).
  • Please call for Letter of Authorization.
  • Travel itinerary.
  • Original or certified true copy of documentation showing the name change (example: Marriage License, Court Order, Divorce Decree, etc.).

24 Hour Passport & Visas: Service Order Form

24 Hour Passport and Visas is a private, non-government passport and visa expediting service agency.The fees included with our services are to expedite the procedures and are in addition to the government fees. If you are in a situation that does not require expedited services you can apply name change on passport directly through the US Department of State,, and avoid paying our additional courier fees.

We have our office in San Francisco (SF) and Los Angeles (LA) and you can call us for any assistance if required for Name Change on Passport.

Visa Special

$99 China Visa
4-5 business days plus consulate fees

Only $99.00

Passport Special

Standard US Passport
9-14 Business days plus government fees

Only $69.00