Azerbaijan, also known as the Republic of Azerbaijan, is located in the Caucasus region of Western Asia and Eastern Europe. Because it is surrounded by such destinations as the Caspian Sea, Russia, Georgia, Armenia and Iran, it’s no wonder it’s a popular travel destination, both for business and leisure. Established in 1918, the country had only a small period of independence before becoming part of the Soviet Union in the year 1920. However, Azerbaijan finally regained its independence, after more than seventy years, in 1991.
Compared to that of other countries, the process for obtaining a visa in Azerbaijan is actually rather difficult, because you’ll need to have communicated with a company in advance, to receive an official invitation. A tourist company or hotel can submit the invitation, but it will always need to be approved by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Despite that added step, you’ll have your visa in no time, when you work with 24 Hour Passport and Visas. You’ll also need to make sure the fee is payable by money order to the Consulate General of Azerbaijan, which is another step in the process that could slow things down in a situation that didn’t offer rush delivery.
To obtain your visa for Azerbaijan, you’ll need to first submit the following:
- Completed standard visa application – You can find this application at the consulate website of Azerbaijan: https://www.azconsulatela.org/.
- An invitation letter from Azerbaijan (it should be submitted directly to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan) – To obtain your invitation, you’ll first need to communicate with a tourist agency or the hotel you’ll be staying at. They can administer the invitation, which will then need to go through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Valid passport – As with most travel outside of any country, you’ll need to submit a passport.
- One passport-sized photo of the applicant. Photos must be in color, full face, stapled to the marked corner of the application – A photo will need to be applied to the visa, so submit a clear photo of yourself that has been taken at an assigned passport photo location.
- Consular fee for of $160 – This fee needs to be payable by money order to the Consulate General of Azerbaijan. You cannot pay this fee unless it is payable in this way. Unlike other applications, you cannot pay by cash or check, without having it first go through the Consulate General of the country, which makes the process slightly longer in other circumstances.
24 Hour Passport and Visas is a private, non-government passport and visa expediting service agency. The fees included with our services are to expedite the procedures and are in addition to the government fees. If you wish to do your visa, yourself, please visit the consulate website.